It's the most wonderful time of the yeeeaarrr! Back to school time has always been my favorite time of the year. New pens! New sticky notes! New planners, OH MY!

To me, the most exciting part about the back to school grind is getting organized for the new academic year. As a PhD student, it's a bit different since during the summer we are still actively engaged in our research projects presenting at conferences, and even teaching summer courses. But the year brings back journal club meetings, teaching assistantships, our own coursework, research assistants to manage and mentor, and any extracurricular activities. With the new semester just starting, I want to share with you the way I keep on top of all these different tasks: My Planner.
![]() |
| The Contract |
![]() |
| Sample Day in my Day Designer |
I knew I wanted a daily planner because I like to schedule my to do list instead of just writing out a long list. For me, it ends up becoming more of a wish list of things I hope to maybe accomplish sometime in the near future. The original planner I chose was Emily Ley's Simplified Planner because I wanted to try the day on one page style and LOVE her inspiring and colorful products full of ideas for simplifying. But then I discovered the Day Designer by Whitney English and it was a total game changer. They are very similar in their layouts but as a #GoalGetter, I was especially attracted to the goal setting and branding worksheets at the beginning of Whitney's planner. I thought it was such perfect timing since, if you recall from my first post, I was about to take a medical leave and was revamping my short-and-long-term goals. This planner allowed me to structure my days while I was on leave so that I stayed pretty active in the academic community and was extremely helpful during my first semester back in action.
![]() |
| Color Coded Goal Categories |
![]() |
| CLICK HERE FOR $10 OFF! |
**GIVEAWAY TIME**
For my first giveaway on the blog, I want to share the planner love with you! TWO Winners will be chosen to receive a Day Designer for Target Weekly/Monthly Planner!
![]() |
| These beauties have a hard cover, goal planning worksheets, a lined monthly calendar, and a weekly layout that features a daily top 3, hourly breakdown, and notes sections. |
**RULES & HOW TO ENTER**
To enter, follow me on Bloglovin', Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Tag a friend on any social media outlet that would be interested in this giveaway.
That's it!
**Optional Bonus Entry**
Leave a comment below on your favorite ways to get organized!
This giveaway is open to all Domestic U.S. Residents.
This giveaway will run for one week and will end on September 7 at 11:59PM.
The winner will be announced on September 9, 2015.
Good luck to everyone!
**I purchased all products mentioned on my own and all opinions are genuinely my own**
Tag a friend on any social media outlet that would be interested in this giveaway.
That's it!
**Optional Bonus Entry**
Leave a comment below on your favorite ways to get organized!
This giveaway is open to all Domestic U.S. Residents.
Good luck to everyone!
Restez Chic Toujours!





Hey!! I am also a planner addict and have recently stumbled upon this beauty and would love to put it to great use! I'm in RN school and the best way I stay organized is also planning. I currently use an 2015 Erin Condren planner to help me stay organized with school. I also use the Google calendar thoroughly. It's synced to my phone and ipad! I'm such a planner addict lol!!!♡ Thanks for the chance!
ReplyDeleteHi! It's so nice to meet another planner addict! How are you liking your Erin Condren so far? My favorite part about electronic calendars (I use my iCal & Outlook) are the alerts an hour before I need to be anywhere. Good luck!
DeleteI actually love my EC. I use it as my school planner now. The only con is the amount of space per day I need lol! Yes I love my Google calendar, I use it in conjunction with my planners. And thank you. Good luck to you as well!!!
DeleteAs a government professional by day and MBA student by night, my favorite way to stay organized is also the Erin Condren planner! I'm looking forward to getting the 2016 edition, as well as one of the customizable notebooks! Also, I love the See Jane Work collection from Office Depot. They've got the perfect essentials to staying organized and colorful during my work day! The Day Designer would be a perfect addition to my workspace, just in time for our new Fiscal Year!
ReplyDeleteHi! I totally understand the need for all the Erin Condren things! I've got several notebooks in my cart right now and am praying for self control. What are your favorite pieces from the See Jane Work collection? I love their combo mouse pad and coaster set in the heart shapes!
DeleteMy new favorites are the "elegant" pink and gold desktop accessories like the letter trays, pencil cups, and magazine files. I also picked up a few of the office essentials like the pushpins and binder clips. Very cute and inexpensive!
DeleteI love to get organized by buying lots and lots of rubbermaid clear under-the-bed bins. They are great for clothing and toys and since I have 3 kids they keep things out of the way!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome that you signed a planner contract :) I actually would go crazy with more than one planner, so I've committed to just one, but know that for 2016 I need a different one. I wish Day Designer would come out with a flagship weekly - same stuff on the page, but weekly instead of daily. Daily is just too much planner for me :)
ReplyDelete